Sarajevo, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
TYPE OF CONTRACT :
STARTING DATE :
APPLICATION DEADLINE :
19-Feb-24 (Midnight New York, USA)
POST LEVEL :
DURATION OF INITIAL CONTRACT :
TIME LEFT :
7d 12h 13m
LANGUAGES REQUIRED :
EXPECTED DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT :
8 March 2024 – 15 June 2024
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Application with a CV must be submitted online via this website. Please click on “Apply Now” Tab and complete required fields and upload CV. Please note that website accepts only one document therefore, if you would like to upload more than one document, please make sure to combine it into a single one.
Financial offer (for national consultants only in BAM) in a form of completed and Signed Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and availability – Can be downloaded with the following link: Individual Contract Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability Template | United Nations Development Programme– Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability.docx – to be sent to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Job ID 115342.
Bosnia and Herzegovina underwent its 3rd Universal Periodic Review (UPR) in 2019 and its 4th review is scheduled for January 2025. As the country is preparing for its 4th UPR, which includes the development of the State report, the Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees of Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is responsible for the coordination of this process, has requested the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) to provide technical support, including for the organization and facilitation of consultations with various stakeholders.
Under the supervision of the Human Rights team in the Office of the United Nations in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the proposed consultancy aims at organizing and facilitating at least four inclusive consultations in different parts of the country between the second half of March and the end of May 2024, in coordination with the Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees and other relevant stakeholders. The organization of the consultations will involve logistical, administrative as well as substantive preparations. By supporting this process, the consultancy will contribute to enhancing coordination and inclusive participation in the preparations of Bosnia and Herzegovina’s UPR.
Duties and Responsibilities
The objective of this assignment is to support the organization and facilitation of at least four (4) consultations for Bosnia and Herzegovina’s preparations of its UPR in four different locations in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo, Banja Luka, Mostar and the Brcko District) between the second half of March and the end of April 2024 (with the exact dates to be determined).
Under the supervision of the Human Rights Unit within the Office of the United Nations Resident Coordinator, the consultant will be responsible for performing all the logistical, administrative and substantive tasks necessary for the organization, proceedings of and follow-up to the consultations, including by ensuring continued communication and coordination with the Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees and other relevant stakeholders.
The consultant will be responsible for developing the agenda for the consultations, collecting the necessary substantive material, consolidating the list of participants, timely communicating with the Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees and participants in the consultations, sending the invitations and relevant material. The consultant will also identify and secure an appropriate venue for each of the consultations and any necessary equipment. The consultant will also organize accommodation for the participants and ensure administrative follow-up after the consultations.
The consultant will also facilitate the four consultations (in B/H/S language).
Under the supervision of the Senior Human Rights Adviser within the Office of the United Nations Resident Coordinator in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Organization of the logistical, administrative and substantive aspects of four consultations in Sarajevo and Banja Luka (second half of March 2024) and in Mostar and the Brcko District (April 2024). The organization of the consultations will include drafting the agenda; identifying and consolidating the lists of participants; drafting and sending invitations; identifying and providing relevant background material; identifying, securing and booking venues and any required equipment for the consultations, as well as accommodation for the participants; ensuring the necessary administrative follow-up (e.g. reimbursement of travel expenses, collecting and processing invoices); and other tasks pertinent to the organization of and follow-up to the consultations.
2. In-person facilitation of each of the four consultations in B/H/S language.
The consultant will pay due attention gender integration. He / She will ensure that participants with special needs can /e adequately accommodated, including in terms of transport, suitable venue of meetings and accommodation, and access to substantive material. The consultant ensures the best use of available resources, notably in identifying the venues for the consultations and accommodation options for participants.
The consultant will be recruited for a total of 20 consultancy days, between 8 March 2024 and mid-June 2024.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the United Nations values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the United Nations;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Excellent communication skills, including facility in working with teams and in speaking in public events;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to Administration Management;
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Media, Social, Political Science, Law or other relevant field.
- Secondary School’s degree with additional 5 years of relevant working experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) or 7 years (with Secondary School’s degree) of working experience related to the content of the ToR
- Proven experience in executing various administrative tasks related to the organization and facilitation of events and including performing different financial related tasks;
- Knowledge of international human rights norms and standards and of the United Nations Human rights mechanisms.
- Fluency in oral and written B/C/S and English.
Individual will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
* Technical Criteria weight-65%:
Criteria A. Proven experience in planning and organising multiple events
Criteria B. Solid communication skills, including to facilitate large events
Criteria C. Knowledge of the UN human rights system.
* Financial Criteria weight- 35%
Interested candidated must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Personal CV/P11, including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
- Signed Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and availability
Please scan all above mentioned documents and upload as one attachment only online through this website.
For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.