For the project: Brčko Inclusive Socioeconomic Initiative
Deadline for application: 26th February, 15.00 hours CET Purpose of the consultancy
CARE International, within its project “Brčko Inclusive Socioeconomic Initiative” (in further text: the Project), is looking to contract an external consultant/firm to provide technical assistance to the Regional-Guarantee Fund of Brčko District (RGFDB), during April, for:
- Creation of set of documents (Public call, application form and selection criteria) for contracting 4 CSOs representing project target groups,
- Training of CSOs in the field of tailor-made capacity building,
Job title: Consultant for TA and training of selected NGOs
Project title: Brčko Inclusive Socioeconomic Initiative
Donor: Czech Development Agency and CARE Czech Republic
Project country: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brčko District
Place(s) of work: Brčko District
Anticipated consultants: Individual consultant or a company, with qualifications fitting the
Engagement period and duration: 10 working days, during March-April 2024
CARE’s mission in the region of Balkans is to contribute to post-war recovery, socio-economic development and building the societies of equality in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia (FYROM). CARE’s work in the Balkans started in 1993, when it provided humanitarian support to people affected by war. In the late 90-ties, CARE shifted its focus in the region from humanitarian post-war assistance and rehabilitation to socio-economic development, engaging in interventions directed at conflict prevention and peace-building, sustainable livelihoods, gender equality and the prevention of gender-based violence.
CARE in the Balkans places the quality of its program at the centre of its mission and has developed a regional strategy that encompasses two main program directions: Gender Equality and Social and Economic Inclusion. The goal of the Social and Economic Inclusion Program is to strengthen capacity and create opportunities for the marginalized, socially excluded and poor to integrate into society and access rights. CARE’s Gender Equality Program aims to empower women vulnerable to violence, discrimination and poverty, to reach better life opportunities and social justice and to work on prevention of peer violence and building of tolerance among young men in the Western Balkans. CARE’s engagement and contribution lies in strengthening sustainability of key regional, national and/ or local civil society organizations and networks promoting equality and diversity, in the context of social inclusion and non-violence.
The project “Brčko Inclusive Socioeconomic Initiative” will contribute to socio-economic integration of disadvantaged and vulnerable categories of citizens of Brčko District. The Project concentrates its efforts to Brčko District and invests in increasing the socio-economic inclusion of marginalized groups. This is mirrored in the Project Objective: to increase social inclusion and create sustainable employment opportunities for citizens in Brčko District (BD) with a particular focus on disadvantaged and vulnerable groups, through raising employment capacity, support to entrepreneurial activities and enabling a conducive environment for more inclusive economic development.
The following project results/outputs are expected:
Output 1: Disadvantaged and vulnerable populations of the Brčko District have increased their capacity for employment and knowledge of their citizens’ rights, through project conducted trainings and awareness raising.
Output 2: Increased capacity, skills and job opportunities for the unemployed citizens of BD and creation of new employment for the disadvantaged and vulnerable groups, via project financial and technical support.
Output 3: Enhanced environment for a more efficient economic inclusion of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups, by creation of public-private partnerships to address labour market barriers and promotion of sustainable employment models.
The Development-Guarantee Fund of Brčko District Government – RGFBD (https://rgfbd.com/) is a public institution established under the Government of Brčko District (BD), responsible for providing financial support or guarantees to small and medium-sized enterprises, individuals or agricultural producers. More specifically, the main current RGFDB services include:
- Approval of credit funds and their placement,
- Allocation of funds to small and medium-sized enterprises and entrepreneurs,
- Investing in securities,
- Providing guarantees for loans to small and medium-sized enterprises and independent entrepreneurs and farmers with the aim of faster employment,
- Providing guarantees for lending in the rural sector,
- Other credit and financial intermediation.
Role in the Project: Unit for Implementation of International Projects at RGFBD (further PIU) has been mandated by the Government of BD to act as the main Project partner and beneficiary focal point (for
all three project Outputs). PIU will also act as an intermediary between the selected the project applicant/implementer and the Government of BD, in particular on strategic issues such as legislation, long-term financing and sustainability of project outputs, etc. PPIU will, through this Project, establish and develop the (Self) Employment Socio-Economic and Entrepreneurship Centre, which will aim to provide comprehensive support to BD residents, and especially marginalized persons, on their path to self-employment, entrepreneurship and long-term/permanent employment. The Centre would serve to develop, strengthen and upgrade the skills of BD residents so that they are employable in the labour market. At the same time, it can provide retraining and other training courses, personalised training, coaching, consulting, mentoring, therapeutic and psychosocial services and similar types of help and assistance. It would serve also serve as an incubator for start-ups and early stage entrepreneurs.
CARE International is looking for consultant to undertake the following activities:
- Perform analysis and throughout reading of the Project documents (Description, LogFrame and Activity Plan) and propose detailed technical assistance plan for CSO training and capacity building and consultancy plan (by 8th March),
- In cooperation with CARE and RGFBD, design critera and set of documents for selection of of minimum 4 CSOs from Brčko District (based on transparently public call) to be completed by March 15th,
- Upon selection of CSOs, in cooperation with CARE and with RGFDB, organize (the Consultant will not be obliged to ensure premises) a minimum 2day tailor-made training / capacity building of selected CSOs to ensure their support in project implementation (based on the task 1 above). The training has to be evaluated and self evaluated by the participants using pre and post testing of the knowledge and capacities of the participants (maximum 20 participants) to be completed by 30th March,
- Provide Consultancy Report, up to 5 pages, in English and BHS languages by 31st March,
- Handover of all original documentation deriving from this consultancy to CARE by 25th March.
- Provide the Consultants with information necessary for understanding the local context
- Approve the detailed consultancy plan of the Consultant
- Provide contacts with local stakeholders who should be included in this process
- Provide logistics for the meetings held within this consultancy
- Regularly collaborate with the Consultant regarding the participation during whole time of engagement, provide all relevant documents in/for the process and actively participate in the envisaged training of 4 NGOs.
- Provide necessary information and documentation on the project to the Consultant and agree on the work plan with the Consultant;
- Coordinate with partner organisation RGFBD with the Consultant during the entire preparation and realisation of the task;
- Provide logistical support to the Consultant necessary for the realisation of the task, other than travel logistics (travel and accommodation costs for the fieldwork envisaged should be included in the Consultants’ bid).
- Monitor the entire process within this consultancy.
The Consultant will be engaged for 10 working days, over the period 5th March to 31st March 2024, according to the following timetable:
|Submission of the bid (electronically)
|26th February 2024
|Contract signing, initial agreements
|5th March 2024
|Deadline for realisation of the task
|by 31st March 2024
|Submission of the Consultancy report
|31st March 2024
|Final payment (100% of contracted amount)
|In April 2024, upon the approval of the Consultancy report by CARE
The detailed payment schedule will be outlined in the Consultancy Contract and will be made upon the work completion and the approval of the final consultancy report by CARE. The Payment will be carried out in line with all necessary documentation as per CARE’s administrative procedures (time sheets, consultancy report, etc).
Required qualification of the Consultant:
CARE invites qualified experts, teams of experts, NGOs and/or agencies familiar with the type of work required in the context of a CSOs development project, to submit their bids and present
their expertise, experience, division of work and responsibility levels/responsible persons (in case of teams or agencies). The general requirements for individuals or proposed experts from the legal persons are at minimum:
- University Degree in economy, social sciences or similar fields,
- Proven experience in participation in providing TA and CB to NGOs,in accordance with securing NGOs support in achieving project goals,
- Experience in working with marginalized groups of citizens, such as Roma, PWD, youth, women, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Brcko District socioeconomic landscape and stakeholders,
- Excellent command of local and English languages, oral and written. Excellent writing skills.
The Consultant’s bid/application should consist of the following:
- Consultant’s CV or portfolio, with detailed information relevant to the required qualifications.
- Draft consultancy plan outlining the approach and tentative timeline (schedule) for the consultancy.
- Bid – financial offer: The Consultant shall suggest a daily fee/rate in BAM per consultancy day. (Transportation, food and accommodation costs should be included). There is no standard format for the bid.
THE APPLICATION- BID SHOULD BE IN ENGLISH!
The received applications will be evaluated against the below stated criteria:
|REFERENCE /HISTORY (experience in similar work)
|METHODOLOGY / APROACH (appropriateness for the task)
|KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS (specific for the task)
|FUNDS (value for money)
Interested candidates are invited to apply to the address:
CARE International, Balkans, Derviša Numića number 6, 71000 Sarajevo,
or to the e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is February 26th, 2024, 15h
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted. For any additional information concerning the application, please contact:
Branislav Tanasijevic, Project Manager, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
REMARK: This and other project activities are pending approval by the donor CZDA for 2024.
Sarajevo, 12th February 2024